Tuesday, February 19, 2013

With All My Heart!

A day of crafting all to myself (and a little laundry)!!!  I found these really cute journaling cards from Michaels through the company Recollections.  I bought one with a love theme, a hello theme and a thank you theme.  They are really sweet and I hope they inspire me to use up some of my paper that I have on hand.

I really like the way this came out and the hot pink is awesome on this card.  If you stop by Operation Write Home's blog Stars and Stamps they have a February Design Bootcamp designed to stretch your creativity!  The challenge is to create a card that has a strong focal point- I think I did it!  I even cut that heart out from a matching journal card (the packs of journaling cards come in packs of 50- 5 of the same card) and used dimensional adhesive to give it the boost it needed:)  I really like this one- simple, but to the point.

I am even entering it in the following challenge:
Sketch Saturday- Sketch #246 with Sassy Studio

3 comments:

  1. This is a nice example of separate elements being placed carefully close to each other and combined into one cohesive focal point. The contrasting white sentiment and the bright orange heart are great together and the way you've echoed the polka dots in the background and the die-cut heart is a nice touch too. Thanks for participating in the February Bootcamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful, cheerful colors! I really like your sentiment and dotted heart(excellent focal point!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete